How we met // Our love story!
9:48 AMOur love story is a little different than most, but I suppose not everyone's is the same. I guess what I mean is that for us it was not love at first sight or anything like you see in the movies. But what we have now is beyond anything I could have ever dreamed of.
Shae and I first met at the boat docks when we were under the age of ten in a small little town called Westport, Oregon. I grew up in this tiny town and he was the step brother of my childhood best friend. The funny joke between our families is that everyone thought I would marry my childhood best friend (his step brother) and it ended up being Shae. Anyway, we re-met again in high school in the middle of our junior year. Truthfully, it took awhile for us to connect. But when we did, it was all over from there. It all began after I tutored him during the end of the school year, which then lead to a one-on-one basketball game which was much less basketball and far more touching, haha! Anyway, that summer (August 2010) was when Shae finally asked me to be his girlfriend (almost 6 months after re-meeting him). From there, we were battling some high school fling of a relationship we thought we were getting in, and falling in love (which we did not think we were getting in). It was scary and it tested us a lot. We spent our senior year making so many wonderful memories though. We were always getting yelled at for making out in the hallways at school, we went to lots of parties together, I went to every single one of his football games and cheered him on, and he went to my band concerts and screamed louder than anyone in the audience. Being with Shae for our last year of high school was perfect and it made it a year to remember.
We fell in love and it was scary because while I was off applying for college, taking SAT's, and preparing for my future, Shae was stuck in his youthful days of partying. We both were preparing for a messy ending, but when it came down to it we couldn't end it. We rocked the long distance thing for the most part. I went to college 8 hours away from home and he did his thing in our home town and we just made it work.
I moved back home after freshman year and went to school closer to our home town. We were no longer long distance, but we were preparing for something even harder. Shae was joining the Army in April 2013. So we rocked the long distance for almost 8 1/2 months and when he came home, he proposed to me and we got married on December 12, 2014. It was a perfect day.. A month later in January 2014, I moved to North Carolina where he was stationed and he have been here ever since.
Today, we have been together for over 4 1/2 years and married for almost a year and a half. We are two weeks away from moving into a new house and we couldn't be happier. Our relationship has been a lot of trial and error, lots of tears and messy moments, but I wouldn't change a thing. I feel so lucky and grateful to have married my high school sweetheart, to have found love so early on in my life.





0 comments